Virtual Personal Trainer for the Mind™
Fit Minds one-on-one cognitive stimulation sessions are now available virtually. During a time of social isolation, the need to deliver seniors mental stimulation and meaningful engagement has never been stronger. Virtual cognitive stimulation provides the same customized experience, delivered from a safe distance, by a certified coach.
5 Key Areas of Cognition that we focus on:
If you’re caring for a loved one with dementia, you are probably already looking for ways to maintain that person’s quality of life. Our Personal Trainer for the Mind™ cognitive coaching program extends beyond rote memorization tasks or doing the same games repeatedly. The program is based on research findings that validate the impact of regularly challenging people with novel content to help them maintain and even possibly improve their cognitive ability.
Fit Minds life changing mental stimulation not only impacts the senior’s life, but also the family members. Our unique offerings are designed to support and help people with a wide range of cognitive abilities — from independent seniors to those with mild, moderate or advanced dementia. It lets you take a loving approach to dementia care.
Cognitive Coaching Research
Many studies have shown postive effects from maintaining cognitive stimulation:
- Cognitive stimulation may help reduce the risk of developing Dementia
- cognitive coaching may stabilize and possibly even improve the cognitive function of people with Alzheimer’s disease
Personal Trainer for the Mind™ Benefits:
When your loved one works with a certified PTFM™ coach, he or she receives:
- Cognitive coaching exercises customized to his or her current abilities
- A meaningful, positive relationship between the loved one and his or her coach
- Help improve quality of life
- Family members will receive monthly reporting and feedback about the senior’s cognitive fuctioning and engagment